Before looking on diabetes pizza recipe, Everyone craves for sweet and savories dish! But for a person with diabetics’ condition it is a dream to eat a food of their choice. A recent study has found that, around 9.3% of the world’s population suffers from diabetes and this number is increasing rapidly. Diabetes is not limited to certain age group; it is found that about 542,000 children have been affected by this disease so far. Even if you maintain a healthy diet, some people are at more risk of getting diabetes because of their hereditary reasons.
If you are a person who is more concerned about your health, and still want to enjoy some calorie rich food like Pizzas don’t worry, here we have suggested of the best pizza recipes that can be consumed by a person with diabetes. No doubts, these recipes will give you amazing tastes like the normal ones!!
Top Best Diabetes Pizza Recipe
Diabetes people always like to have some delicious food, what common people are eating, Especially Pizza. In this Article we have composed 4 excellent pizza recipe for diabetes. Let’s go!
This dieter’s pizza is a perfect option for those who want to eat a low fat pizza. The pizza’s base is prepared from wheat flour which is diabetic friendly and is less in trans-fat than the traditional multi-purpose floor. Since we have used mixture of mustard flavored low fat cheese instead of the original one, this pizza can be consumed without guilt. But the taste is very impressive!
For Pizza Base
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp yeast, crumbled
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
For The Tomato Sauce
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
For The Toppings
- ½ cup low fat paneer
- 2 tbsp low fat milk
- ½ tsp French style mustard
- First combine all the ingredients in the pizza base in a bowl. Knead well to make soft dough by adding water in between.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and let it rest until the dough rises.
- Divide into 2 portions and roll them into 10”*1/4” pizza base.
- Now prepare the sauce for the pizza. Add the tomatoes to hot boiling water and cook it well.
- Peel and cut the cooked tomatoes and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Take a skillet and add some oil in it. Once the oil becomes hot add onion and garlic and sauté it well.
- Then add the tomato pulp to it and cook for 15-20 minutes in a medium flame.
- Finally add some salt and oregano and stir it up well.
- For the toppings, blend all the ingredients mentioned in the toppings section.
- Now, take the pizza base, spread half the amount of sauce evenly on it followed by the cheesy toppings.
- Arrange the vegetable slices of your choice over the pizza and sprinkle some basil leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F and bake the pizza for 15- 20 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Serve with tangy Italian salad.
Cheesy Crispy Diabetic Pizza
This Cheesy crispy diabetic pizza is a best meal option for a healthy diet plan. The most notable feature is, you can have this pizza as a dinner without hesitation. The thin crust and lot of vegetables in this recipe helps to lower the carbs counts. Another important thing is make sure that you choose a low carb sauce for this recipe such as Alfredo sauce.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tortilla low carb
- 3 Tbsp pizza sauce( alfredo sauce preferred)
- 1/3 cup cheese
- 5 each pepperoni
- Olives, as desired
- Oregano, crumbled
- Preheat the oven. In a large oven proof skillet, brush some olive oil in it.
- Place the tortilla in the skillet and cook it until it becomes crispy.
- Flip tortilla to other side and spread the sauce over it. Then add toppings like pepperoni, olives and oregano.
- Don’t add too much sauce else the pizza will turn soggy.
- Pop in the pizza into the oven and bake it until the pizza turns golden brown.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 303mg | Iron: 2mg
Cauliflower Pizza -Diabetes Pizza Recipe
Next Diabetes Pizza Recipe on the list is delicious low carb cauliflower pizza. This pizza is not only fat free but gluten free also. That is why; this pizza is most welcomed by many people. Since it is packed with lot of veggies this pizza is the best option when you are in a diet. This pizza has variety of ingredients which makes this dish very tasty and a great success!
- 1 cauliflower
- 75g red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tortilla, low carb
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 150g red pepper, thinly sliced
- 150g courgette, diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 15g Parmesan, finely grated
- 50g reduced-fat mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- half tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150*C. Remove the florets of the cauliflower and wash it well.
- Grate the cauliflower florets using a grater and add it to the hot salted water.
- Once the florets get cooked well, drain the water and cool it over a dry towel to remove moisture content.
- For the topping, heat olive oil in a pan add onion, red pepper and courgette and fry it for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the onion mixture is cooked well, add tomatoes, garlic and oregano and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the cauliflower with egg and parmesan, stir it well.
- Place the tortilla in a baking tray, evenly spread the cauliflower mixture over it and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Top the pizza with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle some low fat mozzarella. Bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with basil leaves and chilli flakes.
Kcal 326, Carbs 23.3g, Fibre 9.5g, Protein 24.8g, Fat 13.4g, Saturates 5.70g, Sugars 17.2g, Salt 0.70g
Low Carb Bacon Pizza
Many of us think it is impossible to prepare a low carb pizza using meat as a main ingredient. This recipe makes it possible for us. Whenever you are in a low carb diet but have a craving for some meat, this recipe works well for you. A thin slice of meat with lots of veggies is really healthy and nutritious.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8-ounce thin and crispy pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced Canadian bacon or lean ham, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Take a nonstick skillet spray some cooking spray in it.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the vegetable gets cooked well.
- Once done, remove the veggies from heat. Place the pizza crust on the baking tray and brush some olive oil on it.
- Spread the sauce evenly on the crust about ½ inches thick. Top the sautéed vegetables over the sauce and arrange the Canadian bacon over it.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella and bake the pizza for 7-10 minutes.
Calories: 330 calories, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 14 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 650 mg, Fiber: 2 g